Saturday, June 13, 2009

Book Reviews!!!!

I'm still bored, so I'll start writing stuff about my favorite books!First up.....The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale!

Okay, so a lot of people say that this book isn't any good because this book just isn't realistic. I think that's really stupid because if we only like books that are realistic then why do people read Harry Potter or Eragon? I really liked this book no matter how improbable it is because, hello, it's a book. It's not supposed to be real life. The Actor and the Housewife is about a mormon housewife named Becky Jack (I love Shannon Hale's pick for her name!) who meets her #1 celebrity crush, Felix Callahan, while she's in Hollywood selling a screen play she wrote. Over time, Felix and Becky become best friends despite opposite personalities, Becky's (temporarily) jealous husband, and differing religious views. Soon, though, Becky's husband develops cancer and she relies heavily on Felix to help her get through it. It's a really fantastic book and, in my opinion, one of Shannon Hale's best books. I give it a two thumbs up! (If only I had more thumbs!)

Next up is.........Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter!

This book recently came out (June 9th) and is the 3rd book in Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series. Personally, I liked the 1st and 2nd books better. Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover had somewhat of an incomplete feel to it, and Zach Goode was hardly even in it. Plus, when he was in it, Zach was acting totally different than in Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (the 2nd book). Zach's my favorite character, so that made me really sad. Overall, it was a good book but not up to the previous books' level. I hope Ally Carter comes out with the 4th book soon because there were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many unanswered questions and loose ends.

Okay, I'm getting bored again so I'm not going to do another book right now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment